It all started with me trying to reject one of the ads from AdSense on a personal recipes blog. So, here is a tutorial on how to eliminate certain ads that does not fit into your blog’s context. And, what’s more important, without clicking on your own ads.
First, let’s assume you’re using Mozilla Firefox.
1. Locate the problem ad block.
2. Right-click somewhere inside (on the ad text, not on the title link), select This Frame | View Frame Info:
3. Locate the title of the ad:
4. Right-click on the address field and select Copy:
5. Open a new text document and paste the address. Somewhere inside the encoded URL you should spot the web address:
6. Go inside your Google AdSense account and select Competitive Ad Filter:
7. Now paste your problem address into the text area below and save changes:
That’s it. You shouldn’t be bothered by the unfit AdSense link in a couple of days. Read here the official Ad Filter help from Google.
Once a week or so we send an email with our best content. We never bug you, we just send you our latest piece of content.
If you found any value in this post, agree, disagree, or have anything to add - please do. I use comments as my #1 signal for what to write about. Read our comment policy before commenting! Comments such as "Thank you!", "Awesome!", "You're the man!" are either marked as spam or stripped from URL.