What drives people blogging and how do they do it? Another interview in my series, today with a friend. I’ve recently been featured on his blog, boio.ro, with a small interview about my career. Well, this might not seem much for you, as the blog is written in Romanian, however he is using Google’s Translate tool on the blog, so you can enjoy his tech articles.
So let’s meet him.
1. Let’s make a short introduction (name, age, location, occupation, favourite 3 blogs).
- Adrian Boioglu, 28, Miami, Florida or Constanta, Romania
- audio-visual manager at CCL Video Services and blogger :)
- I don’t have favourite blogs. Just like some of the posts…
2. What made you start a blog?
I was a journalist for almost 10 years. When I quit my job as a news correspondent I felt the need to express myself. The blog was still new in ’96 in Romania so I tried and since then I write something on my blog every day.
3. Why did you choose your current topic?
To keep it short: I post on what I like and what I know. I also like helping others so www.boio.ro it’s all about that.
4. How do you deal with regular posting and deadlines?
I don’t have any self-imposed deadlines. I usually write anything from 2 to 15 posts a day.
5. How much time do you spend blogging (this includes commenting on other blogs, documenting for new articles and optimizing for search engines)?
At least 2 hours a day. Sometimes even up to 6 hours just to write and moderate/answer to comments. Documenting for articles is a different story: I find inspiration all around me.
6. What are the most rewarding parts of blogging? What about most frustrating?
* Rewarding: Getting comments from my readers and high stats (kind of).
* Frustrating: Getting comments from some of the readers that are not in compliance with the Comments Policy.
7. Have you ever used any black SEO method for increasing your rankings?
8. Do you see yourself continuing this blog for a long time?
I don’t see a reason why not.
9. What’s your plan for the next 3 months?
I don’t have any plans. My blog is getting better and better and I can see I have more and more readers. Maybe I just wanna keep it on the same trend.
10. What’s your plan for the next 6 months?
See question 9 :)
11. Describe your blog in 3 words.
boio.ro, tehnologie pe intelesul tuturor [RO – technology for everyone].
12. Tell me 5 tools you’re using in your daily/weekly/monthly blogging activity such as browser extensions, web site tools (netvibes.com, digg.com, facebook.com), email client, traffic and analysis tools, blog plug-ins, etc.
Microsoft Outlook 2008, Windows Live Writer, Firefox, WordPress, any FTP client (currently Core FTP works best).
13. How do you get inspiration for your articles?
Everything is an inspiration: my experience, my traveling, reader’s comments, other blogs/news sites etc.
14. Tell me 5 biggest mistakes you’ve made since the beginning of your blog.
Sorry I don’t remember any… Maybe it would have been a good idea to start this blog earlier. At least 2 years earlier.
15. What makes your blog different from all the other?
The way it is written, my patience with the commenters and troubleshooting experience when it comes to help others.
Once a week or so we send an email with our best content. We never bug you, we just send you our latest piece of content.
If you found any value in this post, agree, disagree, or have anything to add - please do. I use comments as my #1 signal for what to write about. Read our comment policy before commenting! Comments such as "Thank you!", "Awesome!", "You're the man!" are either marked as spam or stripped from URL.