Hello again. A new interview has come up, and this time it’s KiwiPulse:
This blog is dedicated to bring you the oddest, funniest, credulity-stretchingest ads available on the Web. We also cover weird, informative and breakthrough news and stories from around the world featuring categories such as arts, books, celebrities, the environment, foods, games, health, science, travel and more. You will find every post intriguing or just get a good laugh out of it. Sometimes people do the strangest thing that makes us laugh at their misfortunes!
1. Let’s make a short introduction (name, age, location, occupation, favourite 3 blogs).
- KiwiPulse ( I want to keep my anonymous ),
- 24 years old, accountant,
- JohnChow – TylerCruz – Problogger
2. What made you start a blog?
I remember last year at this time, my only source of motivation on the net was playing online games. When I was bored of playing games, I then started visiting blogs that had interesting articles. I enjoyed visiting those blogs which inspired me to create my own blog.
3. Why did you choose your current topic?
When I started blogging, I was writing all kind of topic that interested me in general. This year I will concentrate on writing about subject that can help my readers improve their blog. I also want to share my experience and increase my knowledge about blogging.
4. What ad networks (not affiliates) you currently host and what’s the most profitable so far?
For the time being, I made most my money with Google AdSense which generate regular income daily. I have tried many ad networks, but didn’t have any luck in generating any money. This is probably because of my niche.
5. How do you deal with regular posting and deadlines?
I write my articles many days in advance and then I schedule the publish date for each post with a timestamp. One of my high priority goals this year is to publish a post per day. For the moment, everything seems to be in control!
6. How much time do you spend blogging (this includes commenting on other blogs, documenting for new articles and optimizing for search engines)?
I spent around 1-2 hours per day on writing articles for my blog and researching about my topics. For the SEO, I use the plug-in called ‘All in One SEO’ which generated 80% of my traffic from the search engines.
7. What are the most rewarding parts of blogging? What about most frustrating?
The most rewarding is to get feedback from your readers and the most frustrating is to not be patient.
8. Have you ever used any black SEO method for increasing your rankings?
No, never heard about it.
9. Do you see yourself continuing this blog for a long time?
Yes, it’s my principal hobby. I enjoy what I’m doing.
10. What’s your plan for the next 3 months?
One of my goals this year is to build a list of quality post writers, so I plan to focus on this goal for the next few months.
11. What’s your plan for the next 6 months?
I will concentrate my time on increasing my traffic by launching many prize-giveaway contests. The main focus is to get more new readers to register to my RSS feeder.
12. Have you been struck by the recent PageRank decreases?
My PageRank didn’t dance at all! I’m still stuck with my PR4.
13. Describe your blog in 3 words.
Rock Your World
14. Tell me 5 tools you’re using in your daily/weekly/monthly blogging activity such as browser extensions, web site tools (netvibes.com, digg.com, facebook.com), email client, traffic and analysis tools, blog plug-ins, etc.
Entrecard, StumbleUpon, BlogCatalog, Digg, Bloglines
15. How do you get inspiration for you articles?
I visit many other blogs regularly. I get my inspirations/ideas from reading their articles. Other sources of inspiration are news on the net and stories from family and friends.
16. Tell me 5 biggest mistakes you’ve made since the beginning of your blog.
Actually I only have had 2 biggest mistakes since I started blogging. The first one is to post pictures on my blog when I didn’t have the appropriate authorization to publish it. Second, to signe up with a poor hosting company, which suspended my blog after one of my articles reach to the top 5 of reddit. I received more than 100k on traffic in 5 hours. The reason for the suspension was because I used too many clusters on the network; 95% of their resources. I can say that it was my Happiest and Worst moment.
17. What makes your blog different from all the other?
What makes my blog unique is that I polish my design frequently and I always try to write articles that will catch the interest of my readers and encourage them to comment about it.
Once a week or so we send an email with our best content. We never bug you, we just send you our latest piece of content.
If you found any value in this post, agree, disagree, or have anything to add - please do. I use comments as my #1 signal for what to write about. Read our comment policy before commenting! Comments such as "Thank you!", "Awesome!", "You're the man!" are either marked as spam or stripped from URL.