In the midst of a global financial crisis, Google, despite the whole world struggling and stock markets taking a battering, the company still managed to report excellent earnings during a conference call with investors yesterday.
Google Plex is the company’s HQ where all the magic happens. Dubbed by employees “a country itself”, those lucky enough to work for Google enjoy mixing with fellow geeks.
- Lend a helping hand. With millions of visitors every month, Google has become an essential part of everyday life – like a good friend – connecting people with the information they need to live great lives.
- Life is beautiful. Being a part of something that matters and working on products in which you can believe is remarkably fulfilling.
- Appreciation is the best motivation, so we’ve created a fun and inspiring workspace you’ll be glad to be a part of, including on-site doctor and dentist; massage and yoga; professional development opportunities; shoreline running trails; and plenty of snacks to get you through the day.
- Work and play are not mutually exclusive. It is possible to code and pass the puck at the same time.
- We love our employees, and we want them to know it. Google offers a variety of benefits, including a choice of medical programs, company-matched 401(k), stock options, maternity and paternity leave, and much more.
- Innovation is our bloodline. Even the best technology can be improved. We see endless opportunity to create even more relevant, more useful, and faster products for our users. Google is the technology leader in organizing the world’s information.
- Good company everywhere you look. Googlers range from former neurosurgeons, CEOs, and U.S. puzzle champions to alligator wrestlers and former-Marines. No matter what their backgrounds Googlers make for interesting cube mates.
- Uniting the world, one user at a time. People in every country and every language use our products. As such we think, act, and work globally – just our little contribution to making the world a better place.
- Boldly go where no one has gone before. There are hundreds of challenges yet to solve. Your creative ideas matter here and are worth exploring. You’ll have the opportunity to develop innovative new products that millions of people will find useful.
- There is such a thing as a free lunch after all. In fact we have them every day: healthy, yummy, and made with love.
The company has 17 different cafeterias which serve gourmet food. All food is complimentary including drinks and snacks which leads to the term “Google 16”, the amount of pounds you put on when you first start working for Google.
At Google Plex there is a state of the art gym, a lap pool, ping pong, beach volleyball and a string of different language classes to brush up on your multi-lingual skills. Employee pets are welcome and Google has supplied a laundry room, concierge, hairdressers and even an on-site doctor. Solar panels, recycled carpets and complimentary public transportation are just some of the “green” practices Google has adopted. Google is so proud of how it treats employees that it even has its own YouTube channel dedicated to life at Google.
Once a week or so we send an email with our best content. We never bug you, we just send you our latest piece of content.
If you found any value in this post, agree, disagree, or have anything to add - please do. I use comments as my #1 signal for what to write about. Read our comment policy before commenting! Comments such as "Thank you!", "Awesome!", "You're the man!" are either marked as spam or stripped from URL.