GDPR Compliance Notice
Or why I don’t need a GDPR modal anymore.
Hi there! This is a statement regarding this web site and the data associated with it as compared to the GDPR. You might think this is ridiculous, but as my site is at least somewhat business-related — it promotes my work, invites people to contact me for consulting or speaking engagements, and the like — here we are.
- getButterfly.com does not set any cookies in your browser, nor does it track you.
- getButterfly.com web host keeps copies of the server’s access logs, which contain the IP address of the device you use to access getButterfly.com. It does not record any other personally identifying information, unless you hacked your browser’s UA string to contain such information. Then it will be in the server access logs, and probably next to impossible to get out.
- Customer data has not and will not be shared with any other third-party.
- As an anti-spam measure, commenters have always been required to supply an email address in order to comment. Optionally, they may supply a name and URL. If you have commented in the past, whatever information you provided is still stored in a local database, associated with that comment. If you wish to have that information removed, contact me and I’ll remove it. This may also end up with me removing your comment(s), though I will always try to preserve them.
- If you have enabled the “email me about followup comments” or “email me about new posts” features of the site, those are managed by WordPress.com. I do not store that information locally, nor do I have access to it in any way.
- If you wish to have any personal information about you removed from getButterfly.com, you can always contact me, and I’ll do my best to handle the request as soon as possible. If you haven’t heard back from me within ten days, please assume the first attempt got spam-canned or buried in the ongoing avalanche that is my inbox, and ping me on Twitter about the silence. Please don’t use Twitter as a method of first contact about this, since we’ll have to take any conversation about personally identifying information off Twitter and into email anyway.
If I missed anything, let me know and I’ll update as needed.
Do you want better SEO? More traffic? More conversions? More growth?
We help companies exponentially grow their traffic and conversions, while outranking their competitors. With more than 10 years of experience, we’ve learned what is valuable to our clients.
| SEO Malta