Build a user-powered image gallery with frontend capabilities, author profiles and portfolios.
ImagePress is a WordPress plugin used to generate user galleries. Users can upload image, categorize them, tag them and add a small description. Images are grouped into separate sortable and filterable galleries.
Some of the features of ImagePress include:
- Image upload
- Image editing
- Image variants, detail shots, progress shots (à la Behance)
ImagePress generates user profiles, user portfolios and user cards. Also, the plugin allows for frontend login, registration and password forgotten forms.
Some of the features include:
- Author profiles, custom avatars, cover images (à la Facebook)
- Frontend profile editing
- Frontend registration and login
- Author portfolios (white-labeled, unbranded, custom template pages)
- Custom slugs (/profile/, /u/, /p/, /i/, etc)
ImagePress is able to create standalone websites, like CGSociety, ArtStation, DrawCrowd, LayerPaint, 3DTotal, Blender Cookie or Poster Spy.
The level of customization includes colours, fonts, templates, dimensions and switchable features. No two websites will be the same.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Is it possible to only use the uploader and profiles features, but use the theme for the galleries instead of ImagePress?
A. Yes, the plugin allows the use of taxonomy and category templates inside themes. Note that these templates should have a thumbnail included.
Q. Are users able to register, but without access to backend?
A. Yes. ImagePress also blocks access to spam registrations due to its custom login path.
Q. Are users able to manage their images from the frontend only?
Q. Why are my images returning a 404 (not found) status after I changed my theme or hosting provider?
A. You need to resave the permalinks (from Settings -> Permalinks -> Save Changes)
Q. Is it possible to have approval process before the image is shown?
Q. Can my images show in a lightbox?
A. Yes, you need a lightbox plugin. Try a free one.
Q. What shortcode shall I use to generate author cards?
Q. Can I use Cinnamon Users plugin with ImagePress?
A. No, Cinnamon Users is now integrated into ImagePress, with additional features.
ImagePress Milestone: 6.0
Total number of tickets: 0 (closed: 0, active: 0)
ImagePress Milestone: 5.3
Total number of tickets: 4 (closed: 1, active: 3)
ImagePress Milestone: 5.2
Total number of tickets: 5 (closed: 5, active: 0)
= 5.3 =
* FIX: Fixed path checking for imagepress.css
* FIX: Added missing translatable strings to PO file
* IMPROVEMENT: Added new user default role check
= 5.2 =
* FIX: Fixed deprecated argument WP_User->id()
* FIX: Fixed deprecated get_postdata()
* FIX: Removed all console errors
* FIX: Fixed custom code for Critique/WIP icons
* IMPROVEMENT: Added “Image uploaded” and “Click here to view your image” as configurable labels
* IMPROVEMENT: Allowed imagepress.css to take precedence
* IMPROVEMENT: Added thumbnail for backend tables
= 5.1.2 =
* FEATURE: Added custom image sizes for portfolio themes
* IMPROVEMENT: Added better documentation and merged the author code
* IMPROVEMENT: Added better installation steps and amended the installation tab
= 5.1.1 =
* FEATURE: Overhauled profile editor (tabbed view)
* FEATURE: Added portfolio customization and themes
* FIX: Fixed/merged old functions
* FIX: Fixed image upload for profile editing
* IMPROVEMENT: Removed colour picker
* IMPROVEMENT: Removed colour options for top image
= 5.1 =
* IMPROVEMENT: New pagination system with live sorting and filtering
* IMPROVEMENT: New welcome box (with installation status and quick links)
* PERFORMANCE: Added item visibility features (only visible images load in browser)
* FIX: Fixed a PHP function not working in PHP 5.3
* I18N: Removed incomplete it_IT translation
= 5.0-beta4 =
* FIX: Multiple fixes and improvements
= 5.0-beta3 =
* IMPROVEMENT: Removed a link title from the users screen (images column)
* IMPROVEMENT: Removed an unused global variable ($wp_roles)
* IMPROVEMENT: Added image details and related posters as a function (see updated single-image.php)
* IMPROVEMENT: Removed ‘cinnamon_card_hover’ option
* IMPROVEMENT: Added more labels (notification related)
* FIX: Removed a deprecated call to “caller_get_posts”
* FIX: Added missing default labels for the voting module
* FIX: Added missing default labels for the notifications module
* FIX: Fixed image editing mode discarding current featured image
* FIX: Fixed new image addition notification
* FIX: Fixed duplicate notifications
* FEATURE: Added sorting and filtering for author cards (default onclick sorting is DESC)
* I18N: Added more translated strings
= 5.0-beta2 =
* FIX: Renamed the secondary upload function
* FIX: Fixed the PHP context error
= 5.0-beta1 =
* FIX: Check for slug and set a default value if empty
* FIX: Make slug field required
* FIX: Prevented event propagation from ‘like’ button
* CLEANUP: Removed lightbox script
* CLEANUP: Removed slider script
* IMPROVEMENT: Profile redesign